Five things to do to prepare for ratings
- Evaluate the station’s show clocks to see if you can do a better job where you place your commercials, your show promos and service (news, traffic and weather) liners. In talk radio, find a way to create more talk time with less interruptions. In music fine tune the list of songs on air.
- Produce new show intros, bumpers, station IDs and new promos for the shows, new on air talent and the station’s ratings promotion.
- Listen to the station and fix what sounds old, boring and predictable.
Please donate today so kowchmedia.com can continue helping young broadcasters
In the past five years, a lot of people have benefited from the FREE information on kowchmedia.com. The continued success of this website now depends on the generosity of its visitors. We need your help to pay the bills. Your donation will go towards paying expenses like web hosting and virus protection. If what we offer on this website provides information not easily available anywhere else, or helps you in your radio career, please make a one-time donation in any small amount so that kowchmedia.com can continue to help young broadcasters chase their dream to be a star on the radio.
- Sit down with each announcer for an air check of their show. Discuss how the show or their on air performance can be improved.
- Throw a party for all staff – hosts, producers and their ops to pump them up and create some bonding. Most will have been away for a few weeks over the summer. Do the same thing for the news department.